Tips to a healthier life
The key for staying fit is balancing a healthy diet with some physical activities.
Here are some activities you can easily fit into your schedule, which will help you burn some extra calories:
- Join a walking group in your neighborhood.
- Walk the dog.
- Walk or bike to the corner store instead of driving
- Clean the house or wash the car.
- Work in the garden or mow the grass.
- Stand up while talking on the telephone.
- Do stretches, exercises, or pedal a stationary bike while watching television.
- Get off the bus or subway one stop early and walk the rest of the way.
- Park farther away at the shopping mall and walk the extra distance.
- Replace a coffee break at work with a brisk 10-minute walk.
- Brainstorm project ideas with a co-worker while taking a walk.
- Walk down the hall to speak with someone rather than using the telephone.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Walk while waiting for the plane at the airport.
- Form a sports team to raise money for charity events.
- Plan family outings and vacations that include physical activity (hiking, backpacking, swimming, flying a kite.)
- See the sights in new cities by walking, jogging or bicycling.